You may have heard of someone who has suffered a dental injury or knows someone who has. These illnesses can have negative effects, such as losing your million-dollar smile or causing severe deformities. This is where oral surgery, one of the nine subspecialties of dentistry, can help.
Oral surgery is primarily concerned with diagnosing and treating dental disorders, traumas, or anomalies that affect facial, jaw, and teeth functions. Oral surgery can treat many conditions, including dent alveolar surgery to remove impacted or damaged teeth, corrective jaw surgery, and cosmetic surgery. These are all examples of corrective jaw surgeries. Santa Monica Center offers a variety of oral surgery treatments to improve your smile and enhance your self-esteem.
There are many benefits to oral surgery. The most important is the ability to improve patients’ perceptions of themselves. In the next paragraphs, we will discuss some of the oral surgery’s attractive and positive aspects.
1. Long-Term Replacement Of One Tooth: When you lose a tooth and replace it with an Implant, you have chosen a very successful treatment that lasts a long time. The crown is the only part of a tooth that can be replaced using a traditional technique, such as a denture or bridge. It sits above your gum line. However, the root is below the gum line. You will likely need to buy a new item and have it repaired soon. The placement of a dental crown or oral surgery can replace a complete tooth. This is a long-lasting, stable solution.
2. Restores Deficiencies And Prevents Irreversible Damage: Most issues with the maxillary and mandibular jaws are progressive. This means that they will get worse over time if not treated. These defects can be corrected before they get worse. We can also fix any already causing problems by using cutting-edge bone grafting techniques like L-PRF. We can reconstruct the tissue by using a variety of bone grafting and soft-tissue grafting techniques. This will not only prevent further damage but also restore your natural beauty and enhance your intrinsic attractiveness.
3. The Root Cause Of The Problem: Oral surgery can address the root cause. Orthognathic surgery can be performed to align your jaws. This is done in conjunction with your dentist. We work closely with your dentist and orthodontist to give you a beautiful, healthy smile.
If done correctly, oral surgery can help you restore your smile, beauty, and self-esteem. The fourth benefit of oral surgery is restoring self-esteem and a positive self-image.
5. Prevent Tooth Loss With Dental Surgery: If performed promptly, dental implants can restore your teeth and help prevent future loss. This is particularly helpful in cases where teeth have been damaged or lost because of an infection.
6. You Can Grin Again: Although it may seem insignificant, it is vital. When people meet you, their first impression is your smile. An anxiety disorder can cause you not to smile normally. This could include tooth loss, a cleft jaw, a misaligned jaw, a jaw that isn’t properly aligned, or a visible tumor on your gum or lip. These disorders can all be treated with oral surgery. You can also create your smile.
For more information about palisades oral surgery and how it might be able to help you, please contact us santamonicaoms.com